I finally finished my patchwork blanket for my son. I made it using Bernat Softee and made it in three strips. I chained 51 then did hdc for a total of 49 stiches. I did this for about 32 rows. I made 4 blocks per strip. When I completed all the strips I joined using whipstich. At first I tried sewing the strips together but it was so annoying and didn't seem like it would hold up. The whipstich took no time at all. Then I did sc all the way around. One important lesson I learned is about dye lots. As you can see the varigated yarn is two different shades. That is because I bought two different skeins at different times. Big mistake.