Wednesday, December 28, 2005

Baby Blanket




I made this blanket for my friend who had a baby girl. I got the pattern from Bev's Country Cottage. It is called a 5 day Newborn Lovie blanket although it took me a lot longer than 5 days to complete. Here is a link to the pattern http://www.bevscountrycottage.com/5-daylovie.html
I used Bernat Her Jeans and Pink to make. I did 10 rows in Her Jeans followed by 2 rows of pink. The shell stich is very easy to make. Instead of doing the border in the pattern I decided to go around 4 times with single crochet. I felt a shell border would have been too frilly. Unfortunately all I have is my son to model the blanket.

1 Comments:

At 12:08 PM, Blogger pinkangel said...

Hi Jill, saw your blog addy on HH. I love the blanket. Always looking for a good fast pattern. I am always looking at the ghan patterns too. Diane**Florida panhandle

 

Post a Comment

<< Home